Our Services

Services that are offered through Heartland Services and which agencies provide them.

To find out if the service you want is offered at your nearest centre, or to make an appointment with an agency representative, go to the Services near you page.


New Zealand's accident compensation scheme provides 24-hour no-fault personal accident insurance cover. The services covered are:

  • ACC levies
  • Compensation for accidents
  • Preventing injuries in the workplace.

For more information about ACC go to their website.

Careers New Zealand

Careers NZ assist you with deciding on a job, training or career path that's right for you, with information and support at any age or stage of your life.

For more information about Careers NZ go to their website.

Oranga Tamariki

Oranga Tamariki is the government agency that has legal powers to intervene to protect and help children who are being abused or neglected or who have problem behaviour. The services covered are:

  • Funding for services for children, young people and families
  • Protection of children

For more information about Oranga Tamariki go to their website.

Department of Corrections

The Department of Corrections manages offenders on sentences and orders imposed by Courts and the Parole Board. They can assist with:

  • Probation services

For more information about the Department of Corrections go to their website.

Ministry of Justice - Courts

Part of the Ministry's role is to provide services and facilities that support judicial decision-making processes and the process of bringing proceedings to courts, tribunals and authorities to be heard and decided. Services offered at Heartland Service Centres include:

  • Legal advice
  • Youth justice

For more information about the Ministry of Justice go to their website website

Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE)

MBIE provides information, services and support covering almost every aspect of work and business. They can assist with:

  • Business support
  • Consumer affairs
  • Employment law and regulation
  • Information about health and safety
  • Workforce data and information.

For more information about MBIE and links to all their websites go to the MBIE website

Kāinga Ora

Kāinga Ora (used to be Housing New Zealand) provides New Zealanders with access to good quality, affordable homes. It is also the government's main advisor on housing, and services related to housing.

For more information about Kāinga Ora go to their website

Inland Revenue

Inland Revenue advises about obligations and entitlements concerning tax, rebates, child support and family assistance and student loans. They can assist with:

  • Business tax advice
  • Child support
  • Personal tax advice

For more information about Inland Revenue go to their website.

Internal Affairs

New Zealand's Department of Internal Affairs administers:

  • Adoption
  • Lottery and community grants and funds
  • Passports
  • Registering births, civil unions, marriages and deaths
  • Social services for children, young people and their families.

For more information about Internal Affairs go to their website.

Māori Land Court

The Māori Land Court (Te Kooti Whenua Māori) hears matters relating to Māori land. They can assist with:

  • Appointing a trustee
  • Māori land titles and ownership
  • Whanau trusts.

For more information about the Māori Land Court go to their website.

Ministry for Primary Industries

The Ministry for Primary Industries informs, advises, regulates and delivers services relating to the agriculture, forestry, rural affairs, biosecurity and food safety. They can assist with:

  • Control of pests and diseases
  • Policies, regulations and guidelines
  • Sustainable farming
  • Food safety

Services can be accessed:
By phone: +64 4 894 0100 or by visiting the Ministry for Primary Industry website.


StudyLink is a service of the Ministry of Social Development and is responsible for Student Allowances, Student Loans and Unemployment Benefit Student Hardship.

Services can be accessed:
By Phone: 0800 88 99 00 or by visiting the StudyLink website.

Te Puni Kōkiri

Te Puni Kōkiri's work focuses on providing high quality policy advice to Government. It also provides services to assist Māori achieve their development aims. They can assist with: 

  • Building a business
  • Community funding
  • Housing
  • Study scholarships 

Services can be accessed
By phone: +64 4 819 6000
By email: tpkinfo@tpk.govt.nz
Or by visiting the Te Puni Kōkiri website.

Work and Income

Work and Income helps job seekers and pays income support on behalf of the Government. They can assist with:

  • Community Services Card
  • Disability costs
  • Housing
  • Finding employees
  • Income support
  • Job vacancies
  • Selling your skills
  • Vacancy advertising.

For more information about Work and Income go to their website.


Workbridge provides a professional employment service for people with all types of disabilities and injuries no matter what the disability or skill level. A person may have a disability from birth or as a result of a health condition or injury.

Workbridge also administers support funding on behalf of Work and Income. This funding can be used to help with additional costs directly relating to a person's disability when entering training, a job or self employment.

For more information about Workbridge go to their website.