1 Glasgow Street
Mon/Wed/Thurs/Fri 9:00am - 4:00pm and Tuesday 11:00am - 4:00pm
For more information on the services offered at your local Heartland Service centre go to the Community Link Waimate(external link) website.
Services we can support you with:
- Free email service to MSD
- All Ministry of Social Development (MSD) forms and Inland Revenue (IR) forms
- Printing and Scanning
- Use of phone
- Computer terminal to access govt agencies
- Job seeking
- Technology support
- One on one support
Services available by appointment:
- Inland Revenue (IR) by appointment only (monthly)
- Budget Advice
- Brief Intervention
- Multicultural Aoraki
- Arowhenua Whanau Services
- Te Aitarakihi
- APM Workcare
- Strengthening Families
- Problem Gambling
- Public Health Nurse
- Jobs Hub
- Alzheimers Support
- Elder Abuse Support
- Age Concern
For more information about services available at your local service centre, please contact your local Heartlands Coordinator
Additional services and information:
- Waimate Community Foodbank - providing emergency food support for our community.
- Booking Service, and administration for the Waimate Community Vehicle Trust - Trips around town, Oamaru and Timaru available by phoning our office Monday to Friday 9am to 4pm.
- Covid 19 support - welfare support and food parcels for self-isolating households, free RAT test
- Provide rooms for other social services to meet with their clients in Waimate - ie Budget Advice, Brief Intervention Counseling, Multicultural Aoraki, Worksafe, APM Workcare, Te Aitarakihi, Arowhenua Whanau Services, Public Health Nurse and more
- Two rooms for private hire if you need a quiet space to work, or to have a meeting - for a day, or by the hour - we may be able to help.
- Printing available for a small fee, and free wifi included.
- Meeting room for hire - up to 12 people, includes access to big screen TV for video conferencing or presentations and tea/coffee station with microwave. Reduced rates for not for profits.
- Total Mobility Assessor for the Waimate District - subsidised transport for people with mobility or health issues that prevent them driving
- Waimate Community Info website - www.waimatecommunityinfo.com(external link) - keeping our community connected by bringing our information and resources into an easy-to-use website with links to our clubs & organisations, services available and where you can get help and support.
- Photocopying, printing, laminating, emails on behalf.
- Provide information on social services and support available in the Waimate District
- One-to-one guidance and support for people - we are a starting point, and we can work with you to help you access the services and support that you need.
- Volunteer Hub - your one stop shop for all things volunteering in Waimate available on our website
- Funding, governance and strategic advice and support for Clubs & Organisations
- Advocate on behalf of our community for better outcomes and services for Waimate
- Maintain a database of all clubs & organisations in Waimate District
- Foster and encourage Community Development & services in Waimate
- Backbone administration and support for Waimate2gether Community Led Development